Children nowadays are almost addicted to their digital devices that have access to the Internet. Pallid statistics shows that not many parents are aware of it, and how wrong they are! Here are some facts you should know:
- 95% of 8-11 year old children have accessed the Internet in last 2 weeks
- 37% of 8-9 year old children accessed the Internet via mobile device
- 67% of 12-13 year old have their own mobile devices with access to the Internet
- By age of 8 90% used a computer and 60% played games and used apps on the mobile devices.
What dangers are hidden there?
- 70% of children aged from 7 to 18 have accidentally rubbed on online pornography when searching for data for the homework
- 90% of children aged 9 to 18 have seen online pornography
- 44% of teens admitted that they have seen something in the Internet that their parents wouldn’t approve
- 96% of teenagers have accounts in the social media like Facebook or Twitter
- 54% of girls claimed that they had a cyber-relationship
- 31% of children aged from 12 to 18 lied about their age to get access to the site
- 65% of children aged from 8 to 14 were involved in a cyberbullying
- Girls are more likely victims of online predators
- 77% of victims are aged 14 and older
- 86% of girls chat without their parents knowledge
- 20% of teens received requests for sexual activities,
- 69% of teen regularly receive messages from strangers and don’t tell that to parents
- One of five children have been victims of cyberbullying already
- Only 30% of families with access to the Internet protect their children with help of blocking or monitoring software
Do not neglect security of your children. Protect kids online from the perils that Internet brings because some harms cannot be remedied.