There are many books aimed to assist programmers with Java 2 Platform. J2EE ™ Tutorial is one of the best, as it proposes all-encompassing information about all major components of the platform. This book is written by professionals who are acquainted with the slightest details of the platform as they work with it for a long time already. The book is task-oriented and is full of examples, that is why it is the most appropriate for beginners and intermediate Java programmers. However, experienced developers will also find a lot of useful and interesting stuff there.
With help of this book it is possible to start building Java 2 applications from the word go. The book covers the basics of the 1.4 platform architecture and general information how to work with XML and Web apps. Also it has perfect examples of Java XML and JavaBeans possibilities and detailed explanations so a reader will be able to implement new knowledge straight away.
Similar Books on J2EE
There are also a few books on the same theme that you can use as tutorials for your work:
- J2EE Applications and BEA WebLogic Server. The book reveals all secrets of fast and efficient work with the best server for Java.
- J2EE 1.4. Here it is possible to find well-rounded description of the common stumbling blocks of Java and how to avoid them. Also it can be considered as a reference material for people who want to get a whole picture of programming in J2EE.
- Cisco CCNA Network Simulator. With its help it is possible to learn how to create a network with up to 200 devices connected.
- Sams Teach Yourself J2EE in 21 Days. This is a series of 21 lessons how to program in Java where you can learn a lot with help of detailed examples.
- Sams Teach Yourself Adobe Creative Suite All in One. True treasure for novices in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, GoLive, and InDesign.
- Designing Web Services with the J2EE™ 1.4 Platform. The authors of the book descripted above have written another one concerning design and development of Web services in the Java apps.
- Well-rounded information how to create top-quality extensions for Eclipse.
- Official Eclipse 3.0 FAQs. The name speaks for itself, here you will find everything you wanted to know about Eclipse.
- The LaTeX Companions, Revised Boxed Set. It is a selection of books that propose detailed info about LaTeX.